Celebrate The Week of the Young Child™
The Week of the Young Child™ is an annual celebration sponsored by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). The purpose of the Week of the Young Child™ is to focus public attention on the needs of young children and their families and to recognize the early childhood programs and services that meet those needs.
Recognize your kids, show appreciation for volunteers and families, and celebrate all that you accomplish together during the Week of the Young Child™ .
• Story Day – Invite parents to come in and spend time reading with all the kids.
• Art Crawl – Host an art fair with all your kids crafts and art projects on display throughout your school or center.
• Breakfast and a Show – Host a continental breakfast and have the kids put on a show
as their parents eat. They could sing, dance, act or whatever you plan with them.
• Children’s Parade – Have a children’s parade. Let your kids wear costumes (bought or homemade) or decorate their tricycles.
• Free Lunch – Have lunch catered in for your teachers and staff to show your appreciation for all they do.
• Recognition Gifts – Give teacher appreciation gifts and a personal note of thanks.